Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Haiku Volume 5

I was up one night last week and unable to sleep so I did what any other normal person would do: I wrote Haiku!

I knew you would be excited!

I found a literary journal that publishes Haiku, and I thought I would try and send some, but it does not allow me to send ones that have been posted on the inter-webs, and since I felt some of my best ones have been posted i figured i will work on a superior batch of fresh ones to send for publication, but in the mean time I wanted to drop this batch off.

So read and enjoy, and always feel free to leave comments about which ones you liked, hated, or just say hello! 

I
“When will the sun shine
and thaw out your frozen heart?”

When will you return?

II
Once upon a time
the sun shone bright over us.
Now the rain won't end

III
Snow showers in June
as the world turns upside down
waiting for your return.

IV
Rumbling thunder,
lightning flashes, and rain pours
as our lips lock.

V
The red cardinal
flies freely through the bright sky.
Ended by Windex.

VI
The record spins round
as we touch for the first time.
Me inside of you.

VII
Steel in my fingers;
a former love on my mind.
Her soul heads skyward.

VIII
The fan whirls above.
The puppy pants his fat tongue:
dos days of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment