Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Haiku Volume 10

I haven't posted any Haiku since volume 9 back in the year 2015, but today as Haikuesday winds down I return with some more Japanese poetry for your mind to digest. I am just so glad to be back writing these, they are so much fun.
After writing these I realized most are not light hearted, so you can picture where my mind is right now. It sure is not in a place to finish Slothcano which kind of pisses me off, but such is the world in my mind. Regardless of the subject matter in these little ditties I hope you enjoy, but if you don't enjoy them my advice as always is just


I
Glum skies open up.
Hail batters the concrete rose:
death in the ghetto.

II
A shallow hole dug;
dirt tossed hastily over.
Silenced forever.

III
A ringing cellphone
is ignored as thunder claps:
one final needle.

IV
Red hearts and flowers
dying slowly in vases.
Hallmark bathes in cash.

V
Poison flowing free
ignored by politicians
slow death to a town.

VI
Orange faced buffoon
spewing hate to the masses
cheered by idiots.

VII
Down the rabbit hole
traveling the maze alone
in hopes you appear.


The Other Editions

Volume 1

No comments:

Post a Comment