Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Updating an Update

Remember that time nearly two weeks ago where I said I was going to try and get more writing done? Yeah that time, well apparently I am a big fat liar because I ain’t done shit. 
Let the tears go, buck up I have a really good excuse. I have a really good reason I swear. My dog ate my homework. I lost the text book. I swear the check is in the mail.

You buy any of those? No, I didn’t think so. Well, I want to give my sincere apologize (mainly to myself for the inability to get my shit together).The real reason is that I have been working a lot of overtime hours to try and stop myself from being poor and save for three upcoming weddings, two of which require travel to another state (and both of those out of state weddings a are the same damn week.)

I don’t stress about money because I always manage to find a way to pay my bills and save the money I need, but I really need to book a plane ticket soon for one of the three weddings before they start to jack up the prices. It is times like this I wish I had a better paying job, or I didn’t of student debt, or that my parents were wealthy. But that isn’t the way the cookie crumbled for me I need to work hard like most of the world; thankfully my parents raised me to be a hard worked. I just wish I had a better job to go and earn money at, hopefully by the end of the summer I will find something. If any of you readers out there know of any one hiring positions that need to be filled with awesomeness let me know.

I have other reasons besides working extra hours for my absence, though all those extra hours and my soul sucking job drain almost all of my creative mojo, and leave e exhausted. I have also been busy doing things, nothing exciting, but my two days off Friday and Saturday have been booked these last few weeks.
It was my older brother’s 30th birthday so I went out and spent a fun filled evening in Morristown on the 15th.

For those who know me well, know how much I despise Mo-Town. It is full of obnoxious people doing obnoxious things while obnoxiously loud music plays. But I would rather suffer than miss an outing for a sibling’s birthday. I guess I really can’t complain, though it was loud and people were annoying I didn’t have to pay for a single beer, which was nice. It seems to be whenever I go out with my family I never pay for drinks, mainly because my sister’s boyfriend (he should propose soon so I can say fiancĂ© or husband, what are you waiting for man?) always buys me beer because he is a generous guy like that.

The following Sunday I went and supported my lovely friend Alyssa who was running in a half marathon in the Mo-Town area. I used a PTO day, woke up bright and early and waited in the humidity so me and two other friends could cheer and support her. We also made the best sign that was there, but since I do not have the photo you can go look at it on her blog by clicking on this link right here: http://alyssagoesbang.blogspot.com/2015/05/its-bird-its-plane.html. The words were my doing, the execution was not. But who wouldn't want to see my face and that sweet sign after running over 13 miles? My beard provided the extra boost she needed to cross the finish line, or, more likely, it was the thought of the diner we went to after.

I’m off on Saturdays too, but the mornings are dedicated to playing roller hockey and the nights have been BBQs with friends. Not to mention all of the playoff hockey and playoff basketball going on. I can’t peel myself from some of these games to write. And my Mets are finally playing well (hopefully it can last, they need to make a trade for a bat, but that’s a discussion for another time.)

On top of all of that fun toss in a few hours here and there watching Spongebob with my favorite little man, I end up neglecting my writing.

I swear little man I will have my children s book done soon. Who wants to illustrate for me?

What I gave you a bunch of excuses all reason why I am a slacking lying sack of meat, but hey I took time to write this update of an update so that counts for something right?


Oh, OK. Well hopefully I'll be here Thursday with another Throwback Thursday post, maybe. Don't hold me to that, because you know. . . overtime and the playoffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment