Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Opinionated

My first blog post, what do I even write about? I honestly don't even know what this blog will be about most of the time. Those of you who know me know that I have an opinion about nearly everything, and I am not afraid to voice them. From movies (my ultimate passion) to politics— I have something to say. Combine this passion for opinion and my love of writing and I guess what you would get is this blog. Should be interesting if I keep up with it, I have a lot to say.

It's in all of us to have an opinion, there is an overused cliché out there;"opinions are like assholes, everyone has one", and it holds true each person reading this, each person who you come in contact with, has an asshole and an opinion and a lot of these people are assholes with opinions. I think I fit in the latter group. Some people should not ever let their opinions escape their brains, because they are stupidly-asinine and backed by no facts leading these people to sound like ignorant pricks, but it is their right to say what they feel. I say what I feel and I wouldn't take that right away from anyone, even Glen Beck. After all if morons didn't voice their opinions who would I make fun of?

The difference in opinions is what keeps the world going, it also causes many problems, but the way I view it you cannot be afraid to form your own views on things just because someone else won't feel the same way. This fear of what people may think of you can be crippling not just to your spirit but to ones potential. If a person is constantly worried about what the perception of them is they will not be themselves, they instead will be what they think society wants them to be. Wrong. Society wants us to be ourselves; society needs all our different personalities and opinions. We are all unique, we all have something to offer, and we cannot be afraid to be ourselves out of a unauthorized fear of peoples' opinion of us. This is how a lot of people live, they thrive to be accepted and they will change and ignore who they are to do so. This is a shame, not only are these people denying others of their true self they are denying it from themselves as well. In my mind one cannot truly be happy without first accepting themselves for who they really are.

I am who I am: you are who you are. Don't be afraid to be yourself because it might make someone have a negative opinion of you. Be yourself for you, don't be someone else for anyone.

Well with that rambling I feel I should close out my first blog. Before I finish, I want to say I hate everyone for who they are, but I would not want anyone to change because I don’t like them. My opinion may he far greater than yours, but always be yourself; even if yourself is a skinny jean, tap out tee shirt wearing, Bieber hair cut having, turd sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment