Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Relationships and Writing

The more I write I realize that none of my characters have a healthy relationship. Seriously people are always divorced or murdering their significant other or deceived by them. It really dawned on me I have an incapability to write a character with function relationship. The closest I came to this was a shorty story where the woman is slowly dying a death and at the end they both die. Even my poetry is all about being alone and deceived by the other sex or the unwillingness to commit to something. I really cant figure out why I can't write something about love that doesn't involve a false sense of it or nicer being able to find or sustain it. One would think I was from a broken home or something, but that isn't the case at all. My parents have been married for  over 30 years (I'm not going to give the exact number because I honestly don't know, that's awful but also true so whatever) and they are still happy together. In fact I'm surrounded by happy relationships not perfect but happy. Couples always fight and so do the ones I'm surround by. My brothers, my sister, and nearly all of my friends are in long term healthy relationships yet when I write about love its from sort of depressed dark feeling about the emotion like I don't believe in it even though I see it everywhere I turn. Look at my last post for example. I was at a wedding where two people who love one another deeply became legally committed. I recognize that as love so what do I go and do? I continue writing a short story about a women who killed her abusive husband because apparently I'm some sick freak who just wants murder and mayhem instead of love and romance.

Maybe because I don't know what it's like to be in a relationship that doesn't end in being ghosted or heartbroken. Maybe it's because I'm terrified to express my feelings for another individual until it is too late and I get stuck in the mindset that I blew an opportunity. Maybe it is because I am unable to get this person out of my head regardless of how much a try.

Anyway with that all being said I think the real reason I don't know how to write about working relationships is because fuck that noise. I don't know what that is like and nor will I anytime soon so until then I will keep writing about dudes banging strippers/hookers because paying someone for false love is easier than maintain the real thing or i'll write chasing a woman who is playing him for the sucker he is (they are smarter than us, we as men need to just accept that). Or I'll keep writing stories about independent women doing shit without help from any one or killing a significant other who is detrimental to their physical and mental health.

One day you may see a post from me that involves two people in love and doing happy relationship things until they both die in a boating accident because that is a better story than love.

I'm sure you guys noticed this pattern but just know I'm a lonely sad puppy and ignored it. Thanks for that.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming of Spongebob gifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment