Saturday, April 18, 2015

‪#‎4albeckandalways‬

I want to just take a moment from my bantering, stories, and awful poetry to give a shout out to my good pal Danny who married the love of his life and best friend last night in a lovely ceremony followed by a grand night of drinks and dancing.

This was a moment a long time coming and I couldn't be happier for my friend. I remember the first time he met his new wife. Danny was my roommate at the time and he told me and Yesabel that he reconnected with an old high school friend and she was coming over that evening. 

No this friend was not his future wife, this was some girl whom Danny had nothing in common with, but this old acquaintance brought over a friend who was perfect for Danny. They conversed so easily it seemed like destiny that she was sitting on our couch. She was brought to make the friend feel more at ease, but it turns out she brought two souls together. 

The two ladies left. Yesabel and I turned simultaneously to Danny and said something along the lines of "Ali is the one for you. You should ask her out, you guys share everything in common." I think me may have harped on how they both did computer stuff that was out of mine and Yesabel's understanding: fucking nerds.

They eventually spent time together and living with Danny I had a front row seat of their blossoming love. I could see in their eyes this was the true thing and it would be forever.

This is a story showing that you will never know how you meet that one true love of your life, but that when they come into your life never let them go.

Danny, you have been there as my friend through some rough times. You were there when I had my heart broken you were by my side with a beer and a game of Madden fired up knowing I don't like to talk about things. You were there lurking in the hallway when our apartment was full of cops and EMTs and were there in the ER. You are a great person my friend and you deserve all you have worked to obtain.

 I wish the new Mr. and Mrs. Albeck all the best in this new endeavor: may your love be eternal and full of bliss. Congratulations. 



P.S. Sorry if Demo and I's slow dance during dinner stole all of your thunder. I really hope a video surfaces soon.


P.S.S. Thank you for allowing me to celebrate with you, I enjoyed seeing you guys on this day and spending time with all the people from the crew that I rarely see.

No comments:

Post a Comment