Friday, April 24, 2015

Be My Ears


Anyone who knows me knows that I love music. Anytime I am home (and not watching a movie) I have head phones in my ears and am jamming out to something. It helps inspire me while writing, he keeps my mind off problems I may be having: it helps me escape a little. If you ask my roommates they will tell you I’m always listening to music and they have to shout t me to get my attention.

What kind of music am I playing?

Great question; you have a lot of great questions. Good for you diligent reader!

My first musical love is Hip-Hop. I love the beats, the poetry, and the rhythmic story telling. When I say I love hip-hop I mean real hip-hop not this bogus shit that plays on the radio which probably has Big L turning in his grave and Rakim shedding tears into his pillow. I love lyricism in an MC. I don’t want some fucking shit about a Tuesday with words no one can understand because the piece of shit behind the mic doesn’t know how to speak clearly. You guys should be ashamed to even call yourselves MC’s you are fucking awful. Though there are plenty of rappers I listen to that are current and not from the 90’s, but most of them don’t get radio play.

My musical taste doesn’t stop at hip-hop it goes far beyond that. Growing up my parents obviously listen to classic rock so I will always have plenty of that jamming in my head, and as I grew older my taste in music has just continued to expand.

I discovered Muddy Waters which led to my love of blues music which opened my ears to some of the greatest guitar players.

Recently I have gotten in to some pop music (I jammed out to Madonna’s new album for Christ sake) which if you contacted elate 90’s early 2000s me I would call you a liar, but sorry past me it is true.

If you really want to hear what it feels like to be my ears while I write or read or doing anything put this Spotify playlist I made on shuffle and as the great Rakim would say “Let the rhythm hit you




No comments:

Post a Comment