Saturday, August 29, 2015

Century Mark


Welcome, today I invite you here to help me celebrate a very special occasion: On Wednesday I reached my 100th post (it only took four plus years and nearly half of them were from this year). Regardless of how long it took I feel like I accomplished something so let me take a minute and make it virtually rain

Now don’t go and count because it will show this one as being the 100th because I had to revert my most read post ‘Finding Happiness’ back to a draft due to some slight and humorous legal issues. It shall stay in blog purgatory forever.

When I first started this blog while sitting in a bench at Montclair State University (a place I spent most of my time people watching and reading) I had no idea what I was doing with it. It didn't have a direction or a goal. In fact it still is pretty much a clusterfuck of random thoughts. I still don't know what the purpose of it all is, but it gives me a place to display my work while trying to hone my skill. I like to think I made some progress in that aspect, but I am no where near where I would like to be.

My first post was a rough around the edges rant about opinions. It really set the tone for the rest of my blog. It provided my voice and let you guys know that I have no fucking clue how to maintain one of these.  I really still don’t. I have no clue what the purpose or goal of my blog is, but hey you read it and I keep writing things. It helped me focus on finishing stories, allowed me a place to discuss movies, turn my repressed emotions into poetry, and let you guys enjoy my work. One thing I should bring back is my ‘Bro-Codeology’ series (though I don’t know if two posts nearly four years ago count as a series).

My posts the first few years were sporadic and really didn’t show how much I worked on my craft. It wasn’t until recently that I churned out more posts and more non posted things. This year I really put my pen to the paper and worked hard on my craft with a lot of support from my close friends and I want to take this moment to thank you for your support.

First to my siblings, though I'm pretty sure Andrew is the only one who actually reads this shit, but thanks to all three of you regardless for your love and support in life not just with my writing. I know you guys will always be there if I need anything. I may never ever tell you what's in my mind or talk to you about anything but knowing that I can is enough.

I want to thank Christina for being my on call editor and fantastic Amiga. I know you may not read everything on here but I also know if I want to send anything to get published you will be more than happy to edit it and assist me improving my work. I'm sad you will be moving a far distance away but I'll do my best to make frequent trips down for sushi.

While I'm on the Bosco's: Lauren my poems aren't about you!!!! But thank you for reading them and giving me feedback. It is appreciated. If you want to know who some of the poems are about you can text me and I will be more than happy not to tell you, but feel free to ask.

This year like is mentioned above has been my highest volume not just of what has been posted on here but also in terms of my writing in general and I owe some of that to my good friend Alexis. You may not know nor care but you were a big motivator for me. You were always there to critique or praise my stuff and that is beyond helpful. I needed the extra push and you provided it for me. A simple thanks would not suffice, so I’ll buy you a beer. You da best!

I cant move on without thanking my friend Yesabel as well. You are the one that had me start this thing, you told me I had talent, but needed a place to hone it. So this blog is kind of your idea, not really but sort of.

I’m sure I missed people, but thank you to all of you who support me and continue to read and push me.

Now that i am done thanking people I really want to talk about myself for a little bit. I feel like I don’t do that enough.

I want to thank myself for working harder this year. Just keep working and it will eventually pay off somehow. You need to stop doubting yourself (I am talking to myself here so just bare with me) you have a gift and need to utilize it. But besides that congrats on 100 I guess it is some sort of accomplishment. . . .SYKE. You just posted 100 random piles of garbage get over yourself you fucking nerd!

Wow, you don’t need to be a dick head. Fuck you guy. I don't need your bad vibes in my life right now I have enough shit going on. Jeeeezzz.

Anyway, I hope assholes opinion isn't the majority. Let us toast (go pour a drink and toast with me) to many more posts and hopefully one day you guys will be able to actually buy a book or something of mine to stabilize your kitchen table, or if you get ambitious enough you can read it.

Thanks again everyone!

Now someone give me a god damn trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment