Friday, December 25, 2015

A Different Christmas

I was prepping a jolly Christmas post, well not jolly it was about an earthling who was the only survivor of a colony on a distant planet who finds himself seeking out a mysterious light around Christmas time, but that isn't getting posted.

Last night on December 24th I lost my lovely wonderful grandma.

I'll miss you. I really don't know how to deal with this, but I'm going to do it like I do with most things and that is by writing about it.

Grandma,

I just want to let you know how much I love you and how much you have meant to me throughout my life.  I am going to miss our long conversations about great literature,  our political discussions, and our other life talks, but most of all I'll just miss sitting on an adjacent couch from you and laughing. 

While I am utterly heartbroken with losing you, I am happy to know you are spending this Christmas with Grandpa. May you have a Manhattan and catch up on the years without him.

Life will never be the same  without you in it, but I love you with all my heart and will have you on my mind everyday and with every word I write.
g
Love,
Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment