Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Haikus Volume 4

I have been a mess as of late when it comes to concentrating. I am all over the place, I cant figure out what direction to go in with certain things and other projects I start and abandon, I mean none of that is new, but I was doing so well earlier in the year.
Petty much me these last two months.

Well, today I took some time and focused on writing a few Haiku on a varying topics. They may not be my best of the many I have written, but whatever I tried, and that is all that matters to me, so enjoy these little ditties, or don't: that is up to you. I'll see you soon with a real post.

I
You crept in my soul:
I try to shake you from there,
but you go deeper.

II
An empty cavern:
a void only you can fill
with a heart and kiss.

III
Solar rays beam down
scorching the Jersey beaches.
Sun-burnt once again.

IV
Soldiers in ditches
dying in a foreign land:
lost generation.

V
Weight of a nation
kicking north of the border.
Bringing it all home.

VI
Blackness engulfs me
as night takes over the sun

leaving me soulless.

No comments:

Post a Comment