Friday, February 20, 2015

Writing

Recently I have really been putting a lot more effort into my writing and I hope it is showing with the stories you have read. I have posted more this year than I think I did last year and I’m on pace to have more content than any of the past years. My writing isn’t just on here, but there is some you don’t see. It sits in files on my flash drive, scrawled in notebooks, on random papers tucked away, and lately over on Reddit.

            Reddit is a new one for me. A few weeks ago my brother told me to go on there because they have a section for writing prompts. I said sure Andrew let me go do that, so the next morning I made an account and began perusing the writing prompts. I found a couple that tickled my fancy and wrote a quick story. No one up-votes them (I think that’s the correct terminology) even though they are better than any of the other stupid stories on the prompt. Go read them: http://www.reddit.com/user/danperrucci/ that link may bring you over to them, but what do I know? I can barley type let alone have any idea how the internet works. Some of my stories on these prompts may or may not offend some people but guess what
             Most of these stories are just the first thing that pops into and are done in maybe a half hour at the most, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to fit a story within some sort of parameters and it allows me to write things I sometimes wouldn't. Now if you too are on Reddit and see a prompt you want me to write give it to me and I will do my best to write it. My brother and my good friend Alexis have done this and they were no disappointed, or I hope they weren't.

            Obviously my main focus is still trying to get something I have written published and Now that I am back to writing with more consistency I’m going to start sending more things out. One of my best friends, Christina, has taken time out of her life to go through and edit a few of my stories which will be the ones I try to get published first. I have submitted a couple of them to no avail, but I know with persistency I will succeed. And to all of the people that reject my writing Anna has something to say to you:

.
            Hopefully I will accomplish my writing goals; hopefully you people keep reading what I type; hopefully when my words will live on after I have long passed. Until then I will keep working because I:

            Don’t forget to head over and read my Reddit stories. They will not be posted on here because I don’t double dip.



            P.S. I came up with a fiction book I want to assemble, but would need 5-10 writers, so if you like History, politics, journalism, and just making shit up let me know via text or email. It would be collaborative with the other people involved, so you need to be able to brain storm with a group of folks and get shit done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment