Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Haikus Volume 2

It has been a few years since I last wrote some of these fun Japanese poems. Then last night (or this morning) during one of the fun times when my brain says "Hey, Dan enough sleeping let's think," I came up with a couple, so i woke up and wrote a couple more. Enjoy.



I
I’m searching for her
Looking through the cold winter
Are you out here, love?

II
The leaves have fallen;
Mighty oaks stand brown and bare;
Ice blankets the ground.

III 
Water, yeast, malts, hops:
Hey, bartender, pour us two!
Raise a glass to friends.

IV
He eats cat poop then
the puppy licks his own butt
and kisses your lips.

V
Oh how I love thee!
Strong, black, hot, and beautiful.
You get me going.

VI
The cat runs the stairs
Chasing some unknown specter
Just seen by his eyes.

VII
The wind whips and howls
Snow drifts dance in the clear air

Holy fuck it’s cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment